Sunday, July 24, 2011

Minnesota River Valley Lodge #6

I was talking to my Brother Rich Hervieux of Minnesota River Valley Lodge a few nights ago.We were just checking in with each other. Rich mentioned he was helping his lodge with their big annual parade and fund raiser of the year. OHHHH we all know that it is the annual Kolacky Days in Montgomery Minnesota. So as Grand Master, I twisted his arm to invite me. So I had to bring my beautiful wife and middle daughter to experience Kolacky days.


The lodge has one of the best food booths of all of Minnesota....period the best! They serve a beautiful pork burger and a ear of corn dripping in real butter (in Minnesota Winters we dream of food like this is heaven sheer .....heaven baby!).


You can see the evidence in my hand and upon my face.....maybe even on my shirt.


Look at those smiles -- isn't that a priceless photo?





Well I'm not like any other Grand Lodge Officer. If I come to your event, I'm washing dishes or whatever it takes to help, and as you can see, today I'm filling balloons -- lots and lots of balloons. I think I filled a couple hundred myself. It was great fun.







One of the newest members James. What a great guy.....He is in the Air Force Reserve and going to College on the GI Bill. It was nice to spend some time and get to know him alittle better.



Hey I'm moving as fast as I can.....ok My daughter was also filling balloons and she was kindly advising or ribbing me I'm maybe not as fast as she was.


This is the Fire Truck owned by the lodge. They use it just for parades like today. The driver is Rich Hervieux. He is the brain child behind the 700 to 1000 balloons we filled and gave away. To children along the parade route.

You want a true awaking experience in this life.....you give a balloon (or hundred) to a young child. When they smile you think the heavens have opened and you are looking upon the face of the Angels.

This is the fire truck just before we left for the parade...how did we do?
Don't you want them to come to your town? WELL IF YOU ASK I KNOW THEY WILL.


Now did I tell you about Rich.......well he is my official photographer. He has taken my portraits...all three. His work is absoutely beauitful and he pays attention to every: yes every detail. Rich has been traveling with me across the state and documenting my official duties by taking wonderful photos. He provides beauitful images to those who cannot be with us.


OHHHH well today guess what....the photos you see here were taken by my beauitful wife Jane and myself. Why you ask??? Haaa thats because the Official Photographer Rich Hervieux forgot his camera.

Rich has a heart thats made of GOLD and I could not let him live this one down. Rich and I have many miles yet before us and if he brings his camera I'm sure you'll see the images.


Now what is a parade without a Shriner and a miniature car? Oh gosh a parade be without
them? Here is the HO HO Zuhrah Classic car guys.
These guys are a blast to watch. Some day I'd like to join them.




Ya know if a Cop or a Shriner eats at a place its gotta to be good. This is the food booth of the Minnesota River Valley #6.



My Daughter Sarah on top of the Fire Engine with all those balloons.



In my life I am surronded by women (Lucky me) and these are two who have stolen my heart. My beauitful wife Jane and my middle daughter Sarah.


















No comments: