Sunday, September 19, 2010

Prudence Lodge in Windom Minnesota



On September 19, 2010 Prudence Lodge in Windom Minnesota held its annual Dusty Square and Compass degree. It is an event that most of its members look forward to every year. I stood in line with 40 other Brothers. Where I had the most memorable and delightful conversations. You know the kind you have with your brother in the kitchen? Then I was handed a grilled steak that covered my plate and didn't leave much room for anything else. It was one of the best steaks I have ever eaten. I managed somehow to avoid eating one of the many beautiful homemade desserts (only because I'm watching my weight).

After dinner we adjorned to the lodge room for a very nice meeting. Area Deputy Doug Pamp presented the lodge with their Silver level Lodge Recognition Award. It was easy to see how they attained that level after I heard a list of events and activities that the lodge is involved in. It was impressive.

The Worshipful Master James Nesseth presented Doug Anderson with his 60 years in Minnesota Freemasonry award and Howard Clark with his 50 years in MInnesota Freemasonry. Both Brothers received pins and certificates. That was a delightful moment for all of us.

Potentate Denny Kaarup of El Rad Shrine and Reid Jensen the Senior Grand Deacon of the Grand Lodge of South Dakota came to show their support. It was nice to welcome them on our side of the border.

All in all it was a great evening and I really hope I get invited back again....and soon.















This is a picture of the Odd Fellows on the other side of the Court House..I couldnt help myself.








No comments: