Friday, July 15, 2011

Last evening Braden Lodge #168 of St. Paul Minnesota celebrated its 125 Anniversary.It was a evening to remember,and i will for some time.
It started off with a wonderful dinner of: Texas Style Brisket
Carolina Style Coleslaw
Tapenade Tofu
Texas Baked Potato Salad
Cornbread
Cake
It was a very hearty and delicious dinner. It was pretty quiet in the dining room.The only thing you could hear was me scraping my plate. After dinner we went upstairs for a nice well thought out program.
A paper was presented on the history of the lodge by Erick Crail,then an address from a Past Master and the Eminent Grand Commander of Knights Templar Ray Hayward. Next was a Symbolic Reenactment of the signing of the Decaration of Independence. That well thought out piece was written by Matt Gallagher.Then a quick speech by myself.The closing was performed the Tylers Toast lead by John Stitely.

Another nice touch was the lodge had arranged to have everyone who attended to have their photo taken by a professional photographer.He had set upstairs in the library, it was a beauitful setting that was arranged.
The photo below is the Brothers of Braden Lodge. I took this with my brownie and thats why Im not in it.
It was a great night and I thank you all for letting me share it with you.









No comments: