Thursday, June 17, 2010

Battle of the Badges -- Won't You Help Me?

The Minneapolis Police and Fire Departments are providing an opportunity for all badge carrying personnel with their friends and family members to enter into a friendly competion to see who can donate the most blood that will help save lives.

We are all aware that by donating blood, we can make a substantial impact to help accident victims, Cancer Patients, premature babies and burn victims, just to name a few.

Won't you join me when the Bloodmobile comes to the Fifth Precinct on June 30th from 2:00PM to 5:00 PM? If you cant make it, you may make arrangements to make a donation that is at a more convient time and location. But either way you will need to call the Memorial Blood Centers at 651-332-7150 for an appointment. Be sure you tell them you're getting involved in the Battle of the Badges...For the POLICE Team. Be sure to mention my name...they might even give you a cookie.

It's safe, it's easy and I'll let you try on my handcuffs! On June 30th you and I can make a difference in someone's life. Won't you join me?

Come on. Give blood -- save a life -- be a real hero!

No comments: